The Boom Ting
Green Chili Cheese
BoomTing burgers has been a monthly treat for me for about 2 years now, true it really helps that it pops up at my favourite Surbiton boozer (The Lamb) about every other Friday. It also helps that it’s pretty much the best burger I’ve had and continue to have in and around London. Though the likes of Dip and Flip (because gravy) comes close.
Bizarrely I’ve only just tried all three burgers on the menu, I’ve finally tried the blue cheese (not normally a fan) ‘The House” and forgoing my usual Green Chili Cheese. So it was about time I finally reviewed the popup brainchild of Oliver Frost and his new super tasty fries 🙂
So for me, where BoomTing Burgers really wins, is through the use of locally sourced premium ingredients.
Oli’s burgers are 3 Cut Patty’s made from free range Scotch Beef, and is a coarse blend of chuck (for beefy texture), skirt (for sweetness), and fatty ribeye (for flavour) all from a Long Horn Angus crossbreed. Supplied by Surbiton’s excellent local family butchers C.D Jennings & Sons…. YUM!!!
While their green chili relish comes courtesy of Vadasz Deli, Hackney, and the cheeses are taken from the Lamb’s own legendary cheeseboard.
The Menu – Small but perfectly formed
The Boom Ting
Cut Patty, lettuce, Mayo, Gherkin, Ketchup, Sweet, Mustard, Cheese and/or Bacon (but… it’s got to be both)
Patty topped with yummy Colston Basset Stilton, Bacon, and Sweet Onion Relish, Served on top of lettuce and Mayo
The Green Chili Cheese Burger – (My favourite)
Patty topped with a milky Gruyere, and a spectacular artisan made green chili relish with Candied Bacon and served on pickled red onions, lettuce, mayo and a squirt of sriracha
These burgers are designed to show off the beautifully tasty, juicy and perfectly cooked beef patty, with the extra ingredients in the bun there to complement the star attraction.
The fries are hot and crispy, they are tasty and a nice addition to the menu, nothing outstanding or different, but transforms a tasty burger into more of a meal, though I’ve seen a fair few people have more than one burger.
So if you love burgers enough to travel to Zone 6, you’re in for a treat! Just get there early these bad boy burgers sell out fast!
- The Bussey Roof Top Beer Garden – Review - July 24, 2017
- LDN Life visits Lord’s – The Home of Cricket - June 22, 2017
- Campo Viejo’s Colourful Wine Experience ‘Fiesta de Color’ -14th – 18th June – Preview - June 13, 2017
- London: The Cookbook – Review - May 22, 2017
- LAST DAYS OF SHOREDITCH IS BACK! 🙂 - May 22, 2017
- Meantime – Now you can! - May 21, 2017
- BoomTing Burgers Review - May 9, 2017
- Surbiton Food Festival 2017 - May 5, 2017
- Double Helix the world’s first beer to be brewed based on a person’s DNA – Review - March 28, 2017
- GALA – Independent music, food & drink – Brixton – 28th May - March 17, 2017
Get our weekly Friday newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.