Summer = rooftops. FACT!
Which is why, as soon as the sun was out, I did three in one week. The first – Skylight (the second Brixton Rooftop which you can read about here and the third being Dalston Roofpark).
In Tobacco Dock in Wapping, someone has decided that people need to play lawn games, and they need to play them high up on a car park roof. With food. And cocktails. And who am I to disagree?
The place feels a little sparse because there has to be space to devote to three croquet pitches plus a couple for petanque, but spacious is good. There are four different levels. One with food, one to mill about a bit, and the upper two for the bars and to sit and chill. The food offering is small but decent. We Serve Humans are there slinging burgers – the veggie one is a deep fried mac and cheese slab and is NOT to be missed. They pair it with a vinegary mustardy sauce and pickled red onions to cut through some of the epic stodge.
You can also get a wrap or box from Yiro and they do Halloumi fries too, or Krapow are doing Vietnamese food such as tofu soups minced lamb in lettuce wraps/
There is an array of summery sounding cocktails on offer – though I would avoid the Swedish Summer as it pretty much just tasted of vodka tonic. Not sure where the elderflower was.
The wall was a little too high for us short people to completely admire the view, but as the sun set, it really lived up to its name with a beautiful sky giving us gorgeous colours as the night drew in. A welcome addition to the burgeoning rooftop scene.
Visit the Skylight website for more info
- Skylight opens rooftop bar in Wapping - June 17, 2017
- Brixton Rooftop – Review #THEBEACHISBACK - June 6, 2017
- Martello Hall – Hackney’s latest cocktail bar and banquet hall - December 8, 2016
- The London Cabaret Club – Review - May 24, 2016
- Happy birthday Number 90! - March 23, 2016
- Number 90 Bar and Kitchen birthday bash - February 29, 2016
- London Cocktail Club – Islington Review - September 20, 2015
- A Brief Review of Briefs - August 18, 2015
- The Wedding Reception – Dining Experience – Review - July 28, 2015
- Shake Rattle and Stir’s Gin Experience – Review - June 9, 2015
Get our weekly Friday newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.